not skywalker

my name is anika. a-nick-a. not a-neek-a ... and yes, people HAVE told me before that it's like annikin skywalker. but i'm not.

Monday, January 12, 2009

How Was I Supposed To Know?

Now that it's 12 days into 2009 I am finding that this year is shaping up to be a good one. I have the love of my life and two beautiful sons, I have an amazing family and a good job. I also have a few pounds to lose, but who doesn't, right? RIGHT GUYS?!

2008 was a pretty big year in my life, I think. And here it is in list form (in no particular order). I like lists.
- a beautifully short (1 1/2 hours) labour helped along by a fun nurse and hilarious stories from my husband
- the birth of my beautiful boy Joel
- our first road trip with our little family (which included, among other things, beer margaritas, a stray dog, a lightning storm, the zoo, hot days, a beautiful lake, future plans, a trip to the emergency room, a fear of cougars, driving through the rockies, delicious food, a potato gun, a girl's night out and the coolest toilet seat ever)
- my sister and brother-in-law getting married
- my second anniversary of marriage with the love of my life (it just keeps getting better)
- minor hockey
- a switch of schools for Jacob that turned out to be so wonderful for him
- minivan test driving
- painting
- moving with a ten-day-old baby
- promotions
- scandals
- furniture re-finishing
- discovering that Jacob is truly the most amazing big brother I could ever have imagined
and other small adventures that I would not trade for the world ...



And so far in 2009? We have a red kitchen, I have a great new opportunity at my work for my return in a couple months, and I am just thankful for my lovely little family.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! I have been waiting for a new post since FOREVAH! Not really, it just felt like it. :) But now I can wish you a Happy New Year. So, Happy New Year, Not Skywalker. :) This is TBOP again. I can't seem to log in under my identity. I don't know why.

Maybe I will try to start a cool blog like yours in '09. You never know. In the meantime, please keep posting.

See ya!

January 13, 2009 2:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your family too. Although they may be taking up too much of your time. When I check your blog everyday, its not good when there isnt anything new. I reverted to reading your first ones over again. What lame-ass.

BLow.

January 13, 2009 4:48 PM  
Blogger anika said...

TBOP -- Happy New Year! Come onnnn, start a blog.

Britton -- I will have a meeting with my family and tell them that they have to stop being so needy. Hah.

January 14, 2009 2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home