not skywalker

my name is anika. a-nick-a. not a-neek-a ... and yes, people HAVE told me before that it's like annikin skywalker. but i'm not.

Monday, April 19, 2010

The Current Theme in My Life:

A thankful heart is not only the greatest virtue, but the parent of all other virtues.
~ Cicero


So it's been on my mind lately: thankfulness.

Sometimes I find myself being a bit cynical. Or pessimistic. Studies have confirmed that pessimists are right more times than optimists*. It's more realistic to be a pessimist. Having said that, I want to be more positive. I just don't want to always 'be positive' in a way that is naive or oblivious.

And being thankful is being positive in a way that is not naive or oblivious.

I also want to be thankful without having it be a comparison to something / someone else [i.e. "I'm thankful that we live in such a beautiful city" as opposed to "I'm thankful that we don't live in Xxxx" ...

Also? When I count my blessings I truly am content and at peace. And that brings a wealth of other blessings. It's a vicious circle, except not vicious at all. Just fuzzy and warm.

*Look, I learned it in a Psych class so it's true.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooooh! I didn't know you were blogging again! I'm so glad! :)

April 21, 2010 9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home