not skywalker

my name is anika. a-nick-a. not a-neek-a ... and yes, people HAVE told me before that it's like annikin skywalker. but i'm not.

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Worry ...

So I have a slight* worrying problem. I. Worry. About. Everything. Mostly money. And Jacob. And the fact that Jacob doesn't have a dad. And my family. And money. And the future. And decisions. And-*ahem* I'm sorry. I digress ...

This morning I was driving along and I saw a girl wearing a McDonald's 'uniform' and walking (let me just note that she was pretty far from the closest McDonald's, too). And this, friends, is when I had a revelation:

It's ok. I'm doing ok right now.
And I have an ok job.
And I have a car**.
And the last time I asked Jacob if he's sad about not having a dad he snickered and looked at me like I was off my rocker.
And money is only money.

'I am here
Take my car, take my girl
I'm the richest man in the world
Steal my gold, take my pearls
I'm the richest man in the world'
~Dakona


*a word which here means 'very large, intrusive and annoying'
**one that's less than 5 years old, even

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home