not skywalker

my name is anika. a-nick-a. not a-neek-a ... and yes, people HAVE told me before that it's like annikin skywalker. but i'm not.

Monday, June 23, 2008

So's Your Face ...

When Jacob was six, one day I noticed that he had a sort of oval bruise on his forehead. Right smack dab in the middle. And when I asked him what happened to make that mark on his face? "Oh," he said nonchalantly, "I just put the vacuum on my forehead to see what it would do, and it kind of gave me a hickey."
It sure did.

So the other day when he had a little red sore mark on his cheek I immediately thought about the vacuum incident. Obviously now that he's nine the explanation would be more reasonable, no? "Well," he explained to me, "I was going to make eggs for breakfast, but I didn't remember if I had turned on the stove or not. So I touched the spatula to the element and then to my cheek to check."

So I guess the stove was on.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

He is too much! :) At least he didn't put his head down onto the stove...

June 24, 2008 6:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home