not skywalker

my name is anika. a-nick-a. not a-neek-a ... and yes, people HAVE told me before that it's like annikin skywalker. but i'm not.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Because This Is What I Found This Morning ...

"My dearest Anika,

What I am about to tell you, you had no idea of this truth before. There is an old saying that you are measured by the company you keep. I am proud to say you are my wife. I don't define who I am through you, but I do pride myself on having you as my wife. I am glad to introduce you as my wife, as my lover, as m y best friend. The ring on my finger is my bond. It is a part of you, a pleasant reminder of the most amazing woman in the world that is my wife, my life, my children, my world. I am blessed every day that we share together. The laughter we have is and always will be the funniest times I've had. The little boys we've made are beautiful and wonderful. We have great families, we share fun times, we create life long memories. We have God and each other in our hearts. We love each other so much that sometimes it hurts. I often think 'wow, I am lucky to have you as my partner, my co-captain of life.' I think this when I wake up and I look at you, or when we are eating dinner and I look at you when your head is down, or when we are driving and you have your foot out the window, or when you put my vitamins on the bathroom sink. Or how you kiss me so passionately, or how you always meet me at the head of the stairs when I come home and call 'honey, I'm home.' I love you so much, you are my girl, my everything. Wherever life takes us, whatever mysteries or adventures that we share together, whatever happens in this life I will always be here for you. I will always want you, I will always need you, I will always be with you. I will love you until my dying day. I pray for you, for us. You will always be my little girl with little wings.

Love, Jason."

And that is how lucky I am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home