not skywalker

my name is anika. a-nick-a. not a-neek-a ... and yes, people HAVE told me before that it's like annikin skywalker. but i'm not.

Friday, September 26, 2008

Sleepy Hollow ...

So I have been blessed with a wonderful sleeping baby. Since he was about a month old he's been sleeping through the night -- usually 10 - 12 hours in a row! Nice! This makes for a very happy mommy and daddy.

But something happened.

And this morning at 2am he woke up happy and wiggly and ready to play. For. Four. Hours. He was chatting away and kicking and wiggling and his eyes were bright. I appeased him for a short while and fed him in case he was hungry (because what's wrong with a little midnight snack right? WRONG! He puked all over our bed) ...

Eventually (at approximately 6am after Jason had nestled into the couch and I had made several attempts to un-wiggle-fy him) ... He fell asleep.

Groggily I am asking myself, over my fifth cup of coffee, what happened to my lovely sleepy peaceful little man? I was clearly unaware that he had scheduled a playdate with me in the middle of the night.

And I will never take for granted again a baby who sleeps for long hours at night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home