not skywalker

my name is anika. a-nick-a. not a-neek-a ... and yes, people HAVE told me before that it's like annikin skywalker. but i'm not.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Love Letter ...

I love you when you say goodnight to me.
And when you turn over and fall asleep.
I love when you tell me secrets.
I love you when you smile.
And show your perfect teeth.
Even when you scare me
When we are playing in bed.
I love you when you come home
And just want a kiss hello
I love you when you get out of the shower
Still wet and you smell so good.
I love you when you play with our oldest son
You make him laugh the most
I love you when you whip up the most amazing dinners
I love you when you protect your family
When you make it clear to us
That we are the most important thing to you.
I love you when you change our baby's diaper
And he watches you. And you talk to him.
(That's the reason I come with you)
I love you when you work hard to organize.
I love you when you're driving.
And you put your hand on my lap
I love you when we drink Tim Horton's
I love you when we lie on the couch and talk
I love you when you read me what you wrote
You are amazing at telling stories, writing poems
I love you when you try to explain yourself
Why you feel how you feel
I love you when you paint
In your underwear
I love you when I beat you at air hockey
I love you when we go to the pool
And you tell me that I'm the hottest one there
And we play with our sons
In the sun.
I love you when you describe me as:
a little girl with little wings.
I know that you know me.
I know you as well.
The more I know, the more I love.
And I just can't help but fall more and more in love with you
Every
Day

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this. It's the little things that mean the most.

August 14, 2008 7:09 AM  
Blogger Bobo the Wandering Pallbearer said...

Sweet. I love it. I also love that this is the post that made me finally go look on Wikipedia to find out just what the hell a Tim Horton's is.

August 14, 2008 11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home