not skywalker

my name is anika. a-nick-a. not a-neek-a ... and yes, people HAVE told me before that it's like annikin skywalker. but i'm not.

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

How Do You Solve A Problem Like Maria? and other questions

How do I tell my father that even though he apologized for being a shitty (translation: chicken shit and selfish son-of-a-bitch) father, I don't really have any desire to have a relationship with him? That the damage has been done and I'm quite happy without his involvement in my life and my family's life?

I don't want to be mean ... I think I have forgiven him ... I certainly don't want to hurt his feelings, really ... I'm not angry ...
I just don't want him in my life. I have a dad. My kids have two wonderful grandfathers. My husband has a father-in-law.
And there is nothing positive that comes out of having my father involved in our lives.

But how do you tell someone just that without really hurting them?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home