not skywalker

my name is anika. a-nick-a. not a-neek-a ... and yes, people HAVE told me before that it's like annikin skywalker. but i'm not.

Thursday, November 13, 2008

It's Simply Too Small to be a Peanut Gallery ...

My girlfriend told me this story the other day, about her kids Andrew (6-years-old) and Kami (9-years-old):

Last week, Andrew and Kami were playing outside when Andrew came in the house to complain to his mom that his nose was hurting.
"Did you bump it?" she asked.
"No."
"Were you picking it?"
"No," Andrew replied. He decided that he would live, and went back outside to play.

At dinner, Andrew complained again that his nose was sore, so his mom made him have a shower so that the steam would help clear it out.

Just before bedtime, Kami came to talk to their Mom: "Mom, Andrew has something to tell you, but you have to promise not to get mad," she said.
" ... Okaaaaay." Kami left the room and shortly afterwards, Andrew entered with his head hung low.
"Mom, remember today when you gave us trail mix in the car?"
"Yes."
"Well there was this really big peanut, and I thought it might be a good idea to stick it up my nose," he said.
"But then you decided that it would be a bad idea, right Andrew?"
"No," said Andrew, "then I did it. But I breathed in at the same time, by accident, and then it went up there and I can't get it out."
My girlfriend examined him to see if she could get the peanut out of Andrew's nose, but she couldn't even see it in there.
"Kami, Andrew, go get your jackets on. We're going to have to go to the hospital."

As soon as she said that, Andrew went wailing and running to his room, and Kami tried to stifle a laugh.
When her mom asked her what was up, Kami admitted "I told him that they were going to have to cut off his nose to get it out."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home