not skywalker

my name is anika. a-nick-a. not a-neek-a ... and yes, people HAVE told me before that it's like annikin skywalker. but i'm not.

Sunday, October 26, 2008

The Moment It Hit Me ... Part II

*sigh* It gets worse than this.

Last night I re-discovered* that I know all the words to Gangsta's Paradise. It was a beautiful reunion in the car, and by 'beautiful' I mean 'I was rapping right along with Coolio, and I am white, and I was in my mom-car.'


Power and the money , money and the power
Minute after minute, hour after hour
Everybody's running but half of them ain't lookin'
What's goin' on in the kitchen, but I don't know what's cookin'
They say I got to learn but nobody's here to teach me
If they can't understand it, how can they reach me?

See? I told you I can rap.


P.S. Here is the video. I can't make fun of it because there is nothing funny about someone rapping at Michelle Pfieffer in a dark room.


*I say 're-discovered' because didn't everyone know all the words back in the day? And by 'in the day, I mean 'when there weren't so many movies about a teacher helping underprivileged kids who eventually succeed and it's heartwarming and halfway through the teacher wants to give up, but doesn't.'

3 Comments:

Blogger Bobo the Wandering Pallbearer said...

Geek.

October 28, 2008 12:08 PM  
Blogger anika said...

I KNOW I JUST CAN'T HELP IT!

October 28, 2008 2:18 PM  
Blogger Bobo the Wandering Pallbearer said...

Relax. It's a good thing.

October 28, 2008 2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home