not skywalker

my name is anika. a-nick-a. not a-neek-a ... and yes, people HAVE told me before that it's like annikin skywalker. but i'm not.

Friday, January 16, 2009

Proof of My Domesticity ...

Name your MOST favorite thing about being a new mommy. Name your LEAST favorite thing about being a new mommy.

I have a lot of favorite parts of being a mommy. I love helping them discover the world. I love being the one they run to when they get hurt. I love showing them extravagant love. I love seeing Joel smile and laugh. I love when Jacob looks at me with admiration, or hearing about his day. I love the hugs and the slobbery kisses. I love the sticky hands and the stinky feet. I love hearing 'mom' and I love having Jason as my partner, their dad. I love their sweaty hair when they have been sleeping ... There is so much that is my favorite part.

My least favorite part? I hate the worry I feel. Like when Joel's temperature is high. Or when I consider the fact that Jacob is almost a teenager and will thus be too cool to hang out with us. And I hate thinking sometimes about how harsh the world is, and when they will inevitably learn this. I think my job has made me more aware and cynical in this way.


If you had a day all to yourself, what would you do?

What would I do?! WELL. I would probably go to the beach and sit, even if it was cold. I would go to Starbucks and curl up with a great book (Lemony Snicket or The Little Prince or Dry). I would eat out at one of my favorite restaurants, uninterrupted. And I would probably miss my little family.


Do you want your kids to play sports? Which one would you like them to play? Which one would you prefer them not to play?

Yah I'd like for them to play sports. Jacob already plays hockey, and since it's my favorite sport of all, that's what I'd love for them to play. But soccer is good too, as long as they don't become criers like so many professional soccer players. I'd want for them to play a sport that they love, and I'd rather it wasn't one that they have a good possibility of getting severely injured.


How did you and Jason start dating and fall in love?

When we met, I wasn't interested at all in a relationship -- I had just had a difficult ending of one and definitely wasn't looking to meet anyone. But Jason was persistant even after I ditched him a couple times. We had an amazing first date (when it finally happened!), where I discovered he was really funny. We fell in love really quickly and got married less than four months after we'd met. He is truly the love of my life and I am blessed.



What color are you kitchen plates?

Grey


How many babies do you want?

A lot!


Did you have any "feelings" before you found out that you were pregnant? Also, was it something you two were planning, or just a fun surprise?

Well, when I was pregnant I felt like I could feel the baby in there. It was beautiful and I loved it. We weren't planning-planning so it was definitely a great surprise.


If you could spend one whole day with only one person (dead or alive), who would it be and why? and what would you do?

Probably it would be my Opa when he was young. Because he is one of my favorite men ever, and my single hope and evidence for a lot of years that there are, in fact, great men that exist in the world. I would want to see what he was like as a teenager when he fell in love with my Oma in Holland before he got taken away by the Nazis.


Do you grind your own coffee or buy it already ground?

I usually buy it already ground.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home