not skywalker

my name is anika. a-nick-a. not a-neek-a ... and yes, people HAVE told me before that it's like annikin skywalker. but i'm not.

Friday, March 27, 2009

Comfort Food ...

I like comfort food. A LOT. On a bad day I can down a bowl of macaroni-and-real-cheese like nobody's business.

Here's a recipe for Creamy Corn Chowder my mom used to make when I was growing up. I made it last night:

Ingredients:
1/4 lb bacon
1 large onion, chopped
1 cup diced celery
2 tbsp butter
1 cup water
2 cans cream-style corn
2 cups milk
1 large can (14 1/2 oz) evaporated milk
1/4 tsp salt, dash of pepper

Directions:
Dice bacon and saute about 15 minutes. Drain.
Discard extra fat and saute celery and onion in remaining fat and butter for approx. 10 minutes.
Add water and simmer for 5 minutes.
Stir in corn, milk & evaporated milk, bacon, salt & pepper.
Heat chowder just to boiling.
YUM

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YUMMY! I'd have to throw some potatoes in there for a little bonus! :)

March 27, 2009 5:29 AM  
Blogger anika said...

It is so good with potatoes in it, but I was trying to be all carb-friendly. Dumb.

April 01, 2009 12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home