not skywalker

my name is anika. a-nick-a. not a-neek-a ... and yes, people HAVE told me before that it's like annikin skywalker. but i'm not.

Sunday, December 18, 2005

A Time to Laugh and a Time to Cry ...

Last night Jacob and I went on a date to the local Junior 'A' hockey game. As the teams warmed up the hot referee [who'd have thunk refs could be good looking?!] and linesmen sat in front of us and were talking. The ref turned around and said to Jake, "hey, buddy, do you want a puck? Come down to the bottom of the stairs after the first period and I'll bring one to you." How cute, hey?

Anyways, Jacob got the puck and for the rest of the game I felt so bad for the ref when people shouted obscenities and yelled at him to open his eyes. I've never felt bad for a hockey referee before. I guess there's a first time for everything ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home