not skywalker

my name is anika. a-nick-a. not a-neek-a ... and yes, people HAVE told me before that it's like annikin skywalker. but i'm not.

Thursday, May 18, 2006

The Things You Fear Are Undefeatable Not By Their Nature, But By Your Approach

So I like Jewel and find it easy to relate to many of her works ... This is my favorite of her poems.

Insecurity

you don't call
I check again
I become uneasy--
is this a frame?
Suddenly I'm not so sure
I check my sources
each conversation becomes a crumb
how easily I'm led
how stupid I've been
to believe
you could be
loving me
you who can not be seduced
by anything other than
the temperance
of need
each one facilitating the next
and suddenly I see my place
the phone rings
you say hello
but I don't believe you

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home