not skywalker

my name is anika. a-nick-a. not a-neek-a ... and yes, people HAVE told me before that it's like annikin skywalker. but i'm not.

Friday, February 06, 2009

Some of the Best Afternoons ...

Once in awhile Jacob will do something like complain about having an upset tummy whilst simultaneously practicing jumping off the 5th stair. And I realize that from time to time he's showing that he just needs some mom time.

So I keep him home from school and when Joel naps we make cookies and have an inside picnic at lunch and we read Lemony Snicket and stay in our pjs for most of the day. And then when Joel is up we go get hot chocolate [coffee for me] and go for a walk.

And soon enough Jacob is back to normal and we all feel rejuvenated and I know that there was never time better spent.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this. My mom used to let me stay home sometimes too...just cause I needed a day. :)

February 09, 2009 5:51 AM  
Blogger Jenn Bateman said...

I love it. That's the kind of thing kids remember. I will do this for my girls too!

February 09, 2009 4:12 PM  
Blogger anika said...

Yes those are definitely the best days. Sometimes you just need a day.

February 10, 2009 9:44 AM  
Blogger Desiree said...

what a good mommy you are!

February 21, 2009 7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home