not skywalker

my name is anika. a-nick-a. not a-neek-a ... and yes, people HAVE told me before that it's like annikin skywalker. but i'm not.

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Get To Know Me ...

1. People always think my name is pronounced A-neek-a. That annoys me.

2. When my sister and I were littler and we were having family pictures, we'd make ugly or funny faces to ruin them.

3. We still do this from time to time.

4. I think I could eat either sour cream or whipped cream on every food.

5. I don't like it when people touch my neck. It induces my gag reflex.

6. I think it's gross when people chew with their mouth open.

7. I pierced my ears three times with a safety pin when I was 16.

8. I can't stop biting my nails -- I've tried everything.

9. When I worked at McDonald's in high school I accidentally dropped a cd in the fry vat.

10. When I shake the hand of someone I anticipate that I won't like, I make my hand completely limp.

11. No matter how hot it is at night, I have to have some sort of blanket on me.

12. I throw yellow Skittles in the garbage.

13. My mom made me take piano lessons when I was a kid. She told me I'd regret quitting them when I was older and I didn't believe her.

14. I regret quitting piano lessons.

15. I like the smell of roses, but I don't like the smell of rose-scented stuff.

16. I have never done a cartwheel.

17. When I eat a bag of chips I squish them all first so that they're nice and small.

18. When I was in grade 3 (I think) in Social Studies we learned about a community that lived on the moon.

19. I thought this was real; that people really did live on the moon.

20. I learned to skateboard in university.

21. In cooking class in high school we ruined other groups' food by pouring salt in their recipes when they weren't looking.

22. When I potty trained Jacob, I tried teaching him to aim for Cheerios in the toilet, and peeing outside because he thought it was fun.

23. After that for a long time, he went outside every time he had to pee.

24. Sometimes when I'm swimming in a pool I get scared of sharks.

25. I don't like it when people whistle to music. Humming and singing is ok, but not whistling.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! I get scared of sharks when I'm swimming in a pool too! Especially at night.

Also, if I ever have a boy, I'm totally stealing that cheerio trick.

February 05, 2009 8:39 AM  
Blogger Bobo the Wandering Pallbearer said...

Never done a cartwheel. Hm. Never?

February 05, 2009 12:10 PM  
Blogger anika said...

Nikol -- I know, it's the shadows, right? Yikes.

Jim -- For real, never. I can't do them.

February 05, 2009 3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home