not skywalker

my name is anika. a-nick-a. not a-neek-a ... and yes, people HAVE told me before that it's like annikin skywalker. but i'm not.

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Ah, Childhood Memories ...

When I was little, up till around age 9 I lived in a house on a busy street. We had a long driveway that connected with our next door neighbors'. I played all the time with the kids that lived there: Nikki (same age as me), Carmen (one or two years younger than me) & Ryan (a couple years older than me). We had our share of altercations, but one in particular is etched forever in my mind:

Ryan: You just think you're so strong.

me (in my ever-eloquent fashion): Yeah, so?!

Ryan (picking up what was then a very large rock): So you probably can't even throw this over my head!

me (grabbing the what-was-then-very-large-rock): Yes I can!

Well as luck would have it I was not, in fact, as strong as I'd claimed. Lets just say the story ends with blood and crying and me getting grounded to my room for the whole afternoon.

It was his own fault. Obviously.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home