not skywalker

my name is anika. a-nick-a. not a-neek-a ... and yes, people HAVE told me before that it's like annikin skywalker. but i'm not.

Saturday, July 02, 2005

Live 8 in Quotes

"We are not looking for charity, we are looking for justice. We cannot fix everything but the ones we can we must." ~Bono.

"This is such a special event for me. I want to sing my best and look my best. I've been working on my voice to make sure it's in top condition and working on my body too. I've been dieting and exercising non-stop so I can get into the outfit I want to wear." ~Mariah Carey (another one of her brilliant comments: "Whenever I watch TV and see those poor starving kids all over the world, I can't help but cry. I mean I'd love to be skinny like that, but not with all those flies and death and stuff.")

"50,000 people every single day are dying of poverty. I would bet my life that if 50,000 died here in the western world something would be done by this evening to make sure that didn't happen tomorrow. That bothers me. At the end of the day, we as a nation have robbed, killed, stolen and tortured the third world for centuries. If there is a debt to be paid, surely we are the ones that owe it." ~Ms. Dynamite

"There isn't a plan B. Plan B is that we continue to let them die ... every night live on television. Mahatma Gandhi freed a continent, Martin Luther King freed a people, Nelson Mandela freed a country. It does work. They will listen." ~Bob Geldof

"Correct me if I am wrong, but are they hoping that one of these guys from the G8 is going to see Annie Lennox singing Sweet Dreams and think 'f**k me, she might have a point there'." ~Noel Gallagher

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home