not skywalker

my name is anika. a-nick-a. not a-neek-a ... and yes, people HAVE told me before that it's like annikin skywalker. but i'm not.

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Adventures In Massaging ...

ha HA, you thought you were going to be reading about some scandalous rub down or how I accidentally almost broke my friend's back (which I DID NOT!).

It all started when Nikol had a daydream about her future careers should she go blind. A few years ago I went to a massage therapist. He was blind. I admit that I was skeptical about going to some blind guy and having him responsible for the inner-workings of my back muscles. What if he accidentally touched my bum? What if he really wasn't blind but he pretended he was so that he could sneak peeks at people who were naked and lying on the massage table?

I only went to him a few times. It was my first time in massage therapy and it. Was. Amazing. Sometimes I made faces to see if he'd laugh or smile (he didn't). I now imagine that he could sense I was doing that -- isn't it true that the body makes up with other senses what it lacks in one?

One day I went back to him and he told me that this would be my last visit -- he was leaving the profession. I immediately felt sorry for him. Maybe he didn't get enough clients? Maybe no one took him seriously?

I asked why he was leaving -- he was going back to school to get a degree in Social Work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home