not skywalker

my name is anika. a-nick-a. not a-neek-a ... and yes, people HAVE told me before that it's like annikin skywalker. but i'm not.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Fitting Together Like A Puzzle ...

So I've been praying because all the people that live in our house are scattering and Jacob's sad because he'll miss his friends and so I want to find us a basement suite in the very-near vicinity so that they can still play a lot* ...
And I've been praying because I found a job that I really want that is now on my heart because it's so close to what I've really wanted to do AND I have the qualifications ...
But then I think that maybe God will be less likely to let me have these things because maybe it all depends on how 'good' I am, as in going to church and giving my money to worthy causes and reading my Bible ...
But then isn't that more like bribing God, in a sense? Because I'm doing things just to get my way? Or to get God to listen? ...
Or maybe God will be less likely to give me these things because he's already blessed me with a wonderful son and fantastic part-of-my-family and friends ...
But then is there a quota on the amount of things God will do for us and after that we're S.O.L**? And should I be saving up my prayers?
And am I treating this like superstition?

These are the things that are floating through my mind right now like clouds ...

*Sometimes moving is traumatic and lame for kids -- it was for me
**Yesterday I told Jake that 'S.O.L.' means 'So Outta Luck'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home