not skywalker

my name is anika. a-nick-a. not a-neek-a ... and yes, people HAVE told me before that it's like annikin skywalker. but i'm not.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Every Little Thing's Gonna Be Alright ...

Friends,
I cannot thank you enough.

Janie -- thank you for letting me cry and for listening to me in the middle of the night and for not allowing me to become a cynical black-hearted hein

Shari -- thank you for the offering of wine and inviting me to collapse on your floor

Jim -- thank you for making me laugh all the while opening my eyes to things I didn't see, and for looking past the un-flowiness

Firefighter Jen -- thank you for bashing and for always protecting me and for reassuring me and for letting me cry

Carly -- thank you for coming to check on me, but not bringing it up and for sending me encouraging text messages

Mom & Don -- thank you for understanding

Jacob -- thank you for being THE most amazing and wonderful kid ever and for being sensitive and for giving yourself a hickey on your forehead with the vacuum

Nilo -- thank you for this: "Well, I'm gonna get out of bed every morning... breath in and out all day long. Then, after a while I won't have to remind myself to get out of bed every morning and breath in and out ... and then, after a while, I won't have to think about how I had it great and perfect for a while."

Melissa -- thank you for your empathy. It is amazing to have friends whose hearts will break when your heart breaks

Marianne -- thank you for getting a new phone plan

Andrew -- thank you for buying me a lottery ticket and for worrying your little pants off

Phil -- thank you for assuring me that until I get over this mess I can use your skin to bury my secrets and you will settle me down (~Fiona Apple)

Nikol -- thank you for giving me a new perspective and for being farther down the road than me

God -- what I sow in tears I'll reap in joy ... Right? Right God??

Everyone (even if I didn't mention you by name), thank you for listening and encouraging.
I'm not done healing, but I'm on my way ...

"Get into the deep beautiful melancholy of everything that's happened. Wallow in the delicious misery. Enjoy it. Embrace it. Discard it. And proceed." ~Elizabethtown

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home