not skywalker

my name is anika. a-nick-a. not a-neek-a ... and yes, people HAVE told me before that it's like annikin skywalker. but i'm not.

Friday, July 21, 2006

I Scream At Ice Cream ...

Things I very much like:

- trying to help someone who feels discouraged feel encouraged

- this new boy

- realizing how sneaky and smart my kiddo is: he lost a tooth last night. When he was talking to me about the Tooth Fairy he said "Well you have three dollars and two cents on your night stand, I counted it. So if that's how much money I get from the Tooth Fairy then I'll know YOU are the Tooth Fairy."

- discovering that I like things I didn't think I liked. For instance: I like whiskey. And I like some hiking. And do I ever like dancing!

- falling asleep happy

- a good story. I LOVE a good story. I like stories about being a kid like this one, or one a nice boy told me a couple days ago: his sister tied him to a tree when he was little because she was baby sitting him and wanted to go to the store but didn't want to bring him. And stories about my bosses? Priceless, too.

- weddings. I am totally excited about this wedding tomorrow.

- remembering things in relation to songs. Pretty much the way I remember things is what song they were with in the soundtrack of my life.

- abbreviating words (examples: ridic, tote luse, abbreve, fab, calc, whatev, sitch).

- not having to be a planner. I suck at planning. I like tentative plans. If I have plans-that-I-have-to-do I feel like I'm being suffocated. Maybe I have commitment issues. Maybe we should talk about that.

- listening to Ani Difranco when I feel strongly about something. Especially in the car

- painting. I haven't painted in SO LONG and I've wanted to get back into it and now I met someone who paints, right, so we are going to paint together. I like that.

- I like Miranda July's I Can Japan. Go listen to it. Immediately. No seriously. It is so fantastic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home