not skywalker

my name is anika. a-nick-a. not a-neek-a ... and yes, people HAVE told me before that it's like annikin skywalker. but i'm not.

Friday, December 30, 2005

Happy New Year (or, A Very Original Post Title)

Well, tomorrow at midnight 2005 is done. Not that many exciting things happened this year.
I ended a year long relationship.
Jacob turned 7 during a camping trip.
I turned 25 (which sent me plummeting into a cycle of 'oh-my-gosh-I'm-25-and-don't-even-have-a-boyfriend' to 'eeh-eeh-eeh-I've-managed-to-escape-the-talons-of-life-long-commitment' and back again).

I hope you all have a fun and safe night of celebrations! I thought I'd be multi-cultural and put 'Happy New Year' in some other languages for y'all:

×åñòèòà Íîâà Ãîäèíà <-- that's Bulgarian. Looks cool hey? Anyone know how to pronounce it? GELUKKIG NIEUWJAAR! <-- that's Dutch. I'm partly Dutch. Kiortame pivdluaritlo <-- that's Eskimo. Because here in Canada where we live in igloos, we're practically ALL eskimos. Onnellista Uutta Vuotta <-- that's Finnish. Phil's Finnish. Kenourios Chronos <-- that's Greek. Norma's Greek. Hauoli Makahiki Hou <-- that's Hawaiian. Andrew just got back from 2 weeks in Hawaii and Janie and I surprised him at the airport. She got him a 'Welcome Home' balloon. And in true Anika fashion, I got him an 'I Love You' balloon to freak out his mom. Is-Sena t- Tajba <-- that's Maltese. Isn't that a kind of dog? S Novim Godom <-- that's Russian. Because who hasn't wanted to be a Russian spy?
Heri Za Mwaka Mpyaº <-- that's Swahili. Wouldn't it be funny and cool to name your kid that?

Happy New Year, Imaginary Internet Friends!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home